Learning Disabilities and Vision References
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ON ADD-ADHD AND EYESIGHT
Some Research Articles below are available for download as PDF Documents
For more references to scientific studies on vision therapy as it relates to convergence, binocular vision, focusing (accommodation), etc. go to Vision Therapy Scientific Studies, Research, and Support
- Ciuffreda, Kenneth J. The Scientific Basis for and Efficacy of Optometric Vision Therapy in Nonstrabismic Accommodative and Vergence Disorders. Optometry 2002; 73:735-62. Complete article - PDF version
- Cooper J, Burns C, Cotter S, et. al. Optometric Clinical Guideline: Care of the Patient With Accommodative or Vergence Dysfunction. American Optometry Association 1998. Complete article - PDF version
- Cooper, Jeffrey. Summary of Research on the Efficacy of Vision Therapy for Specific Visual Dysfunctions. Adapted from The Journal of Behavioral Optometry 1998; 9(5):115-119. Complete article - PDF version
- Farrar, R., Call, M., Maples, W.C., A comparison of the visual symptoms
between ADD/ADHD and normal children. Optometry, 2001, pages 441-451.
- Granet D.B., Gomi C.F., Ventura R., Miller-Scholte A. The Relationship between Convergence Insufficiency and ADHD. Strabismus 2005 Dec;13(4):163-8.
- Joint Organizational Policy Statement of The American Academy of Optometry and the American Optometric Association. Vision Therapy: Information for Health Care and Other Allied Professionals. 1999. Complete article - PDF version
- Joint Organizational Policy Statement of the American Academy of Optometry and the American Optometric Association. Vision, Learning, and Dyslexia. 1997. Complete article - PDF version
- Kushner Burton J. The Treatment of Convergence Insufficiency. Archives of Ophthalmology 2005, 123:100-101. Complete article - PDF version
- Maples WC. Visual factors that significantly impact academic performance. Optometry 2003; 4:35-49. Complete article - PDF version
- Scheiman M, Mitchell GL, Cotter S, et al; the Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial (CITT) Study Group. A randomized clinical trial of treatments for convergence insufficiency in children. Archives of Ophthalmology 2005; 123:14-24. Complete article - PDF version
- Zaba JN, Johnson RA, and Reynolds WT. Vision examinations for all children entering public school - the new Kentucky law. Optometry 2003; 74:149-58. Complete article - PDF version