© 1996 -
, Optometrists Network
Scientific Studies on the Relationship between Learning, Reading, Vision Therapy, and Vision Disorders
- American Optometric Association. Definition of optometric vision therapy, St. Louis, MO, June 1991.
- American Optometric Association. Fact sheets on optometric vision therapy, St. Louis, MO, June 1992.
- Johnson R., Zaba J. Vision screening of at-risk college students. Journal of Behavioral Optometry, 1995; 6(3): 62-65.
- Cohen A., Lieberman S., Stolzberg M., Ritty J. The NYSOA vision screening battery -- a total approach. Journal of the American Optometric Association, 1983; 54: 979-84.
- Virginia Department of Education. Literacy Passport Exam, 1988.
- Future of Visual Development/Performance Task Force. Report on the efficacy of optometric vision therapy. J Am Optom Assoc 59(2):95-105, 1988.
- Greenstein T. Identification of children with vision problems that interfere with learning. In T. Greenstein, Vision and learning disability. American Optometric Association, St. Louis, 1976, p. 95-114.
- Swanson M. At-risk students in elementary education: effective schools for disadvantaged learners. Springfield, IL; Charles C. Thomas Publishers, 1991.
- Education Commission of the States. Securing our future: the report of the national forum for youth at-risk. Denver, CO, 1988.
- Suchoff I.B., Mozlin R. Vision screening of an adolescent inner city population: a high rate of failure and low compliance on a follow-up care. Journal of the American Optometric Association, 1991; 62(8): 13-18.
- Johnson R., Zaba J. Examining the link between vision and literacy. Journal of Behavioral Optometry, 1994; 5(2): 41-43/
- American Academy of Pediatrics, American Association for Pediatric Opthalmology and Strabismus, American Academy of Opthalmology. Position statement on learning disabilities, dyslexia, add/adhd and vision. Pediatrics, 90(1):124-125, 1992.
- Solan H.A. Learning disabilities, Chapter 21. In AA Rosenbloom and MW Morgan, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Optometry. JB Lippincott, Philadelphia, 1990; p. 486.
- Donmoyer R. Kos. At-risk students: portraits, policies, programs, and practices. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 1993.
- Cooper J. Orthoptic treatment of vertical deviations. J Am Optom Assoc 59(6):463-468, 1988.
- Cooper J, Selenow A, Ciuffreda KJ, Feldman J, Faverty J, Hokoda S, Silver J. Reduction of aesthenopia in patients with convergence insufficiency after-fusional vergence training. Am J Optom & Physiol Opt 60(12):982-989, 1983.
- Daum K. Accommodative insufficiency. Am J Optom & Physiol Opt 60(5):352-359, 1983.
- Daum K. The course and effect of visual training on the vergence system. Am J Optom & Physiol Opt 59(3):223-227, 1982.
- Flax N, Duckman R. Orthoptic treatment of strabismus. J Am Optom Assoc 49(12):1353-1360, 1978.
- Kran B, Duckman R. Divergence excess exotropia. J Am Optom Assoc 58(11):921-930, 1987.
- Liu J.S., Lee M., Jang J., Ciuffreda K.J., Wong J.H., Grisham D., Stark L. Objective assessment of accommodation orthoptics: 1. Dynamic, insufficiency. Am J Optom & Physiol Opt 56(5):285-291, 1979.
- Rouse M. Management of binocular anomalies: efficacy of vision therapy in the treatment of accommodative deficiencies. . Am J Optom & Physiol Opt 64(6):415-420, 1987.
- Simons H, Grisham J. Binocular anomalies and reading problems. J Am Optom Assoc 58(7):578-587, 1987.
- Suchoff I., Petito G.T. The efficacy of visual therapy: Accommodative disorders and non-strabismic anomalies of binocular vision. J Am Optom Assoc 57(2):119-125, 1986.
- Weisz C.L. Clinical therapy for accommodative responses: transfer effects on performance. J Am Optom Assoc 50(2):209-214, 1979.
- Wick B. Accommodative esotropia: efficacy of therapy. J Am Optom Assoc 58(7):562-566, 1987.
- Wick B., Cook D. Management of anomalous correspondence: efficacy of therapy. Am J Optom & Physiol Opt 64(6):405-410, 1987.
The URL of this page is: